Wednesday 17 October 2012

DIY: Mustache Memorabilia

I'm not quite sure how the whole mustache thing started, but it did, and somehow morphed into a massive T-shirt DIY project. My awesome coworkers and I all proudly wore these t-shirts on the last day of school in July (to the confusion of many of our students and other staff members). In reality, we were equally confused since we didn't even know why we were wearing mustache t-shirts to begin with, but then again, why does there always have to be a logical reason for everything? In this case, there was none. 

For this project you will need: cotton t-shirts, needle & thread, black felt material, and a lot of PATIENCE. I went to my friend's house where she helped me cut out all the black felt mustaches and I started sewing them with her sewing machine. But it didn't really work out because 1) I'm not a great seamstress, and 2) the felt was really thick and hard to sew on... so I ended up sewing them all by hand. As you can see from the photos below, we got a little weird... (going crazy from sewing too long?)... but in the end, I think the photos of our entire English Department wearing mustache t-shirts were definitely worth it! In case you're wondering, I'm the one in orange with the unibrow!


7 comments:

  1. Its so cuteeeeee!!! And colorful♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWWOOO SO AWESEOMMM!! The school you went is too awesome! Everyone seems so close and friendly!! it doesn't look like what I hear from other people who work in Hong Kong! ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool!! GREAT post!
    What about following each other? I'm your newest follower now, and I hope you will visit my blog too and let me know your opinion...maybe you could follow me back if you like it!
    XOXO
    Ylenia
    Last time by Ylenia Labate

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute, love them!
    http://dreamwishbelievemakeithappen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! could I have your opinion on mine and a follow please? thankyou:) http://dreamwishbelievemakeithappen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is sooo cool! Great pics! Love this idea :)

    ♥, Nina

    ReplyDelete