Tuesday 18 September 2012

I got bitten by the blog bug...


This week, I was nominated by Tara from Fashion-Burger for a Blog Bug Award! Tara is from New Zealand (which is actually my #1 place to go visit... because of LORD OF THE RINGS!!!) and even though I haven't met her in person, I like her already since I am obsessed with burgers and anyone who names their blog "Fashion-Burger" is instantly amazing in my books.

Anyway, here are the rules once you are nominated:

1) You must answer the questions below in a post titled "I got bitten by the Blog Bug"
2) You must give the link of where you originally got this award, and you can nominate other bloggers for this award by linking their pages to your post.

So... here are the questions that I feel morally obligated to answer =) haha.

1) When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging around a year and a half ago when I was in university. My friends noticed that I always drew doodles and cartoons all over my school notes um.. i mean... random scraps of paper... and so they encouraged me to start an art blog. I thought that was a pretty good idea so I started posting random drawings, which slowly evolved to include DIY ideas, crafts, and the hilarious happenings of everyday life.

2) What do you love to blog about and why do you like it?
I like to write mostly about my art and craft ideas. When I first started blogging I remember saying that my blog was an online home for all my little doodle monsters to live. And that's why I like it - it's a place to share my ideas and learn from others as well.

3) How did you get your blog name?
I am known to be a little bit of a daydreamer so I always have my head up in the clouds when I'm supposed to be down on the ground. I suppose that's where it came from, really.

4) What do you think is your best post yet?
Since this blog is pretty new, my most popular posts are actually on my old blog. I recently "abandoned" my old blog because I wanted a new layout so I just figured I would start fresh with this one. But actually, I will most likely be posting some of my previous popular posts on this blog (especially when I don't have time to upload new stuff!) HAHAHAHA.

5) What is your inspiration for blogging at present?
Right now, my biggest inspiration is THRIFTING. I love going to thrift stores and finding old treasures that I can "refurbish" into new items. So look out for more posts about my thrift store finds in the future!

6) Message for your readers: 
Um... I guess I will just say... THANKS for reading my blog! It helps to know that I actually do have people reading what I post because I would feel a little crazy just rambling to myself. I appreciate every single one of you loyal stalkers out there! :)

And now... I would like to nominate these new followers and fellow bloggers for the Blog Bug Award:
Hues that Girl for her savvy fashion ideas
Borderline Basic for her fun DIY projects
Eau de Violet for her stylish outfit compilations

If you've received this award before, then sorry in advance for BUGGING you (ha... ha...)... If not, then you've just been bitten!!! Share the love and post your answers on your own page. =)


So... this award seemed a bit more like a virus that I felt compelled to pass on, or one of those chain letters I used to get in my email inbox but anyhow, it was fun and I hope you at least got to know a little bit more about me and my blog. =P

And by the way... yes, I did make that bug on a stick out of scrapbook paper just for this post hahaha. Oh how sad I am.


3 comments:

  1. Aw the bug you made is adorable! Haha Middle Earth New Zealand! It's pretty awesome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i rlyyyyyyyy wanna visit middle earth.... hahaha. seriously its like my top honeymoon destination. not gonna happen but one can dream hahah.

    ReplyDelete