Tuesday 11 September 2012

DIY: white vases

When it comes to flowers, I really like the look of a few wildflowers placed in a simple white vase as opposed to ginormous bouquets and fancy flower arrangements. So I decided to try out this cheap and easy way to make white "porcelain" vases.

All you need is an empty glass bottle and white spray-paint. I used a white gloss spray-paint but you could also try a matte finish. After washing and cleaning the bottle, spray a couple coats of white paint on the bottle and voila! You're done! 


To be honest, I was thinking of using these as part of our wedding centrepieces next year, since it's pretty easy to ask all my friends for empty bottles and mass-paint them all in one go. But we're still deciding on the style of the wedding (probably because of me, the indecisive one! haha) so we'll see what we actually end up doing. I still wanted to try this DIY though and I think it turned out nicely. 



6 comments:

  1. Ooh.. super cute idea. great way to recycle. I'm going to star doing that!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Eau de Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this diy, so simple. You can also make dots on the bottle with a glue gun and then spray paint over it. You can make really great designs. You can also wrap the bottles in yarn!

    borderlinebasic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yah!! ive seen the bottles wrapped in yarn.. such a great way to add colour!!!

      Delete
  3. Such a good idea!! Love your blog! What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello!!! its a CANON REBEL T2i and I just have the standard lense that came with it for now. :) hope that helps!!!

      Delete